Praying for Our Church
In the November newsletter, I wanted to continue our theme on prayer. One of the reasons we give for not praying is we don’t know what to pray for. Pray for our church! I googled “praying for the church” and found a prayer guide that is very relevant for us at New Guilford. I am asking you to use this for the next month. Pray for these things in your personal prayer time, Sunday School classes, with a prayer partner, your family, in the prayer room at church or any other way you would like.
• Pray that marriages and family relationships throughout the congregation will be strengthened.
• Pray that strained or broken relationships, among families and friends as well as acquaintances, will be restored.
• Pray that our church family will be united in our worship of God, fellowship with one another, and ministry to the community. Ask God to help believers confront and remove issues and problems that threaten this unity.
• Pray that believers throughout the church will grow in relationship with Christ as they follow the path of discipleship.
• Pray for the shut-ins in our church, as well as those who are widowed and living alone. Ask God to bless and encourage them, anointing their lives with power for ministry as well as help for the needs they face daily.
• Pray that the youth in our church will stand strong for Christ in their schools and with their friends. Ask God to help each young person to follow His plan for their lives, both now and in the years to come.
• Pray that God will bless the children of the church, protecting them from harm and helping them to grow strong in the Lord as they prepare for a lifetime of serving Christ.
• Pray that the men in our church will have a powerful impact on its ministries, and that they will provide godly leadership in their homes, the church, and throughout the community.
• Pray that the women in our church will serve as leaders and role models of strength, maturity, and ministry at the church, in their families, and in the community.
• Pray that Christ will be at the center of every ministry, service, and event that takes place within the church and congregation.
• Pray that visitors to the church will sense the love and compassion of Christ, expressed through every member of the congregation.
• Pray for members of the congregation battling physical illness or emotional struggles, or facing spiritual needs. Ask God to minister to them in miraculous ways.
• Pray that God will bless the financial needs of the church, calling believers to give generously and sacrificially through tithes and offerings.
• Pray that members of the congregation will convey a strong witness of the gospel to their community, through integrity, love, and godliness.
This information came from the NPC, a resource of the Assemblies of God Prayer and Spiritual Care. For more prayer resources, see ag.org/prayer.